Firstly, download the images for your device from HERE:
- You’ll need to download the files specific for your device as well as “quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip”.
- The files which have “maguro” in the filename are for Galaxy Nexus, “mako” for Nexus 4, “grouper” for Nexus 7 and “manta” for Nexus 10.
2. (If you already have Clockworkmod Recovery installed, you can skip this step)
While in the boatloader mode, only flash the recovery file (quantal-preinstalled-recovery-armel+DEVICE_CODENAME.img) which you’ve previously downloaded, by using the following command in the command prompt window:
fastboot flash recovery quantal-preinstalled-recovery-armel+DEVICE_CODENAME.img
3. Reboot and copy the following files to the phone / tablet:
Here, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “Choose zip from sdcard” and firstly select “quantal-preinstalled-armel+DEVICE_CODENAME.zip” and flash it, then flash “quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip”
5. Reboot the device and you’re done.
Originally published at WebUpd8: Daily Ubuntu / Linux news and application reviews.